Looking at the Walker S14 for residential use.

DirkWiggler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Love this mower but is it really worth the extra $4,000 that I would have to pay over any other ZTR on the market? I am cutting 1 acre of Bermuda. Is the cut quality that much better to justify the cost? Have you had any issues with the Suburu engine? Thanks.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Love this mower but is it really worth the extra $4,000 that I would have to pay over any other ZTR on the market? I am cutting 1 acre of Bermuda. Is the cut quality that much better to justify the cost? Have you had any issues with the Suburu engine? Thanks.

Way too much mower for 1 acre. You could buy a cheap box store mower and it will last years only mowing 1 acre, if properly maintained. You would still have money to buy 1 or 2 more if the first wears out.

JMHO

DirkWiggler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Way too much mower for 1 acre. You could buy a cheap box store mower and it will last years only mowing 1 acre, if properly maintained. You would still have money to buy 1 or 2 more if the first wears out.

JMHO

I appreciate your reply and I COMPLETELY understand why you said whatyou did however, I guess I needed to be more clear on my question. I am not interested in just a tool to get the job done. I take a lot of pride in my yard. I want the best cut possible for the price and I am willing to go the extra $4,000 to buy an $8,000 mower if the cut with the Walker is that much better. I would love to be able to get a Toro ZTR for less than 3k or an Exmark for $3,600 but I am most concerned about the quality of the cut. I know I will never get the same cut from a ZTR as I would a Reel Mower or even my Honda 22" self propelled but what will give me that manicured look I want without coming close to a heat stroke in this Alabama heat! It now takes me 3 hours start to finish to do my yard mow, edge and blow and I do it twice a week. I figure whatever I buy is a long term investment so if I can get 15-20 years out of a well maintained machine then the extra $4,000 spent factored over 15-20 years really is not a deal breaker.
Thanks again for the reply.