Export thread

Lombardini diesel

C

cwallen

Does any body know a good place to get lombardini engine parts.It is on a 1985 allis chalmers 920 hydro. Any input is greatly appreciated.

S

skifoof

ive been looking for years

U

umtg0jn

Re: Lombardini diesel fuel pump parts

Recently acquired a Simplicity 7790 diesel with power steering which is not running. Am needing the umbrella type check valves for the fuel lift pump. They are 3/4", (.750), in diameter and the stem are 1/10",(.100) diameter. Has anyone found a source for parts needs yet?

J

jp1961

Hmmm,

I've got a lathe and mill in my basement and I'm a machinist as a profession, can you upload a fairly detailed drawing of the fuel valve that you need?

Regards

Jeff

S

SidecarFlip

Hmmm,

I've got a lathe and mill in my basement and I'm a machinist as a profession, can you upload a fairly detailed drawing of the fuel valve that you need?

Regards

Jeff

Gee, I own a job shop. I'd like to see you make a rubber valve disc with a vulcanized in metal stem. I'm a Journeyman T&D maker, not a machine hand.

U

umtg0jn

If you have eBay, do a search for 26-41 check valve. It is the Holly carburetor version which is the wrong size. Also have a lathe but doubt that a rubber part can be turned smooth enough or thin enough to serve as a umbrella check valve. I include the dimensions in original post in case some one knew of another application for this size of umbrella check valve. Thank you for your response to my help request.

J

jp1961

Sorry,,,I thought it was a metal piece, didn't realize it was rubber, yeah I can't help you.

Sidecar flip,,,I'm sure you're a better machinist than me,,,a legend in your own mind.

Regards

Jeff

U

umtg0jn

Many check valves "are" spring closed, metal to metal design. You have a good idea about machining one. If there is room in the pump housing, I should be able to machine an aluminum disk and set it up with spring loaded check balls. I am not sharp enough to post photos here in the forum. If you would like to see, there are photos of the disassembled pump in my Sunday facebook posting at "Allis-Chalmers/ Simplicity Garden Tractors". Your comments are greatly appreciated. Until I work out the mechanical pump repair, I will use the electric pump. Thank you again for your input.

U

umtg0jn

Re: Lombardini diesel fuel pump check valves

Found a pair for the Holly carburetor from a friend. They are listed on eBay at a very reasonable cost, less than $2 each, but I could never find the dimensions to know they would fit. Slightly smaller in diameter (also orange colored) but they work. Have the pump installed and operating .

G

Grasshopperman101

Does any body know a good place to get lombardini engine parts.It is on a 1985 allis chalmers 920 hydro. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Engine Masters, 22037 Howell Drive, New lenox, IL 60451.
1-800-860-2091 or www.enginemastersinc.com