Like to tinker? HRX217

Flyingdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Few years' ago, while doing some maintenance, noticed the crankcase breather tube was plugged into the "backside" of the air cleaner housing..."after" the filter element. This didn't make much sense. So... capped off the nipple and give the breather hose it's own filter, instead of venting directly into the carb.

Attachments

• DSC_0001 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0001 - Copy.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 9

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The breather tube does not need a filter and should be attached as you found it. Nothing to filter in the crankcase. If you didn’t plug the hole in the back of the air filter housing, you are allowing unfiltered dirty air to flow directly into the cylinder.

Flyingdog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Coarse this filter isn't needed. Maybe I shoulda stuck an egr valve there.;)

Rivets wrote:
"If you didn’t plug the hole in the back of the air filter housing, you are allowing unfiltered dirty air to flow directly into the cylinder."

Re-read my thread.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please tell me the difference of going directly to the carb and going into the air housing is? Both ways the crankcase air is going directly into the cylinder. As you stated “Filter isn’t needed”. What will happen is the filter you added will become oil saturated preventing the crankcase to vent properly.