Leaf Blower - Leaking and Flooding Cylinder

AdamE

Threads
Hi all.

I noticed my Husqvarna 125B handheld leaf blower was leaking gas since there's always a puddle of oil underneath it.

Now, I can't pull the starter because the cylinder is flooded. If I remove the plug and clear it, it will start, but the problem comes right back. Not to mention it sprays fuel out the muffler when starting.

I just went to work on it and the tank is empty when it was 1/4 full two weeks ago.

Does this sound terminal? Should I just go and buy an Echo?

Thanks!

Threads
Seems like the metering lever in the carb is staying open and flooding the unit..... If you are careful you can take the carb apart and clean it then put it back together.....

If the metering diaphram is hard then it's toast... It should be nice and soft.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

dbogie1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all.

I noticed my Husqvarna 125B handheld leaf blower was leaking gas since there's always a puddle of oil underneath it.

Now, I can't pull the starter because the cylinder is flooded. If I remove the plug and clear it, it will start, but the problem comes right back. Not to mention it sprays fuel out the muffler when starting.

I just went to work on it and the tank is empty when it was 1/4 full two weeks ago.

Does this sound terminal? Should I just go and buy an Echo?

Thanks!
Just curious if you successfully fixed this years ago?