Export thread

LEAD-ACID RECHARGEABLE NEW BATTERY SHELF LIFE

R

Rujac

I just found a wonderful deal on 4 new batteries for my Craftsman 48V 19" Premium Battery Powered 3-in-1 Deck Lawn Mower Model: 247-370480. At Sears these batteries would cost me $184.00. At Amazon I could purchase the same brand batteries for $91.00. That's a nice price but that isn't the best deal! If I sign up for Amazon (which I did) VISA credit card Amazon gave me a $50.00 gift card which was applied to my purchase of the batteries. The batteries ended up only costing me $41.00 (including tax and shipping). I could not resist this deal. My current batteries are starting to weaken. The full charge does not last as long as it use to so I purchased these new replacement batteries. My curren batteries still charge up enough and last long enough to mow my yard so I don't want to install the new batteries yet. MY QUESTION IS: HOW LONG WILL BRAND NEW BATTERIES SIT ON THE SHELF BEFORE THEY GO BAD? WHAT IS A BATTERIES SHELF LIFE? The batteries are Data Safe NPX-35TFR 12V, 35W/cell 15 min. sealed rechargable lead-acid batteries. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. Rujac

BlazNT

BlazNT

Rhey will last for years if you keep them at least 2/3 charged. Batteries lose charge just sitting so charge them at lease every 3 months.

R

Rujac

Thank you for your assistance.