Export thread

Lazy Boy push mower 50's

H

Highsierra

Hello all, new here. Thought I'd join several forums for more insight and how-to on old restorations of mowers. Purchased this Lazy Boy several weeks ago after finding it on Craigslist at Treasure Island Consignment Antiques in Hickory NC. For some reason I was wanting a push mower with the old handle T-bars like that when I was young. Saw this one and had to have it. I've been putting much into it to get it back to a near perfect mowing condition again and cannot describe the look, feel and balance when I mow with it. I've installed new wheels, axle bolts, complete tune up, original throttle control clean and new cable, tank clean, carb clean, new spindle bearings (what a job), tweaks to the spindle with new collar for tightness, new belt (after two sizes to experiment), and still on the rust removal. I originally bought it just for the deck, but had no idea I could get this Briggs 6s to run perfect again. What a machine, and is beyond my expectations. Here are some pics. One is when I first purchased it. The steel in this unit is awesome - just wire brushing the tube attachment bars reveals a gun metal, blacken chrome shine. Still some restoration go and gather info on how to paint and in what scheme.

Attachments

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome: Welcome to the forum.

Nice project!

WVSNAPPER

WVSNAPPER

Welcome to the forum from Northwestern West Virginia. Glad you're here.