Lazer z wheel motors

jth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just received my new wheel motor from Mchenry Power Equipment which is advertised to replace Exmark/Toro #1-523328. The housing on the new motor is 3" smaller circumference than the old factory motor. Before I bolt it up and void my opertunity to return it I would like to find out if any one else has bought and tried one of these.

Last edited:

efleming50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can't give you an answer on that but, it will cost you about $150 to rebuild both if you take your Hydro-gear motor ser. #s and get
what you need from J. Thomas.
It really wasn't that bad of a job and when my Lazer Z 60" blew the bearings and Mobil 1 all over my drive-way I was looking at a over $500 for one.
Good luck
Eric

mnymiser1

Threads
Just received my new wheel motor from Mchenry Power Equipment which is advertised to replace Exmark/Toro #1-523328. The housing on the new motor is 3" smaller circumference than the old factory motor. Before I bolt it up and void my opertunity to return it I would like to find out if any one else has bought and tried one of these.

There are 2 types of wheel motors for Exmark mowers. Large frame and small frame. My suggestion is to make sure you get the wheel motor numbers off of the old motor and compare it to the motor from McHenry Power Equipment. Then call them to make sure they wrote down the correct number you gave them. Ask if they will reimburse you for shipping if they wrote down the wrong number. If you ever need another wheel motor, may I suggest my former company Welcome to Marathon Hydraulic Motors. They are national repair house with an exchange program for wheel motors for all types of lawn care equipment. Very reasonable! A re-built wheel motor with a same as new warranty 1 year is $325. Better than $600+ from other companies. And Shipping is FREE. Good Luck, Mike Johnson

woodrin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Lazer z wheel motors - bad experience with wheel motor from McHenry Power Equipme

There are 2 types of wheel motors for Exmark mowers. Large frame and small frame. My suggestion is to make sure you get the wheel motor numbers off of the old motor and compare it to the motor from McHenry Power Equipment. Then call them to make sure they wrote down the correct number you gave them. Ask if they will reimburse you for shipping if they wrote down the wrong number. If you ever need another wheel motor, may I suggest my former company Welcome to Marathon Hydraulic Motors. They are national repair house with an exchange program for wheel motors for all types of lawn care equipment. Very reasonable! A re-built wheel motor with a same as new warranty 1 year is $325. Better than $600+ from other companies. And Shipping is FREE. Good Luck, Mike Johnson

I bought a NEW wheel motor from McHenry Power Equipment. I also bought a new bdp 10 pump. The wheel motor and pump were installed by an exmark service center. The wheel motor turned out to be defective and McHenry Power would not stand behind their sale. Had about 2 hours mowing time on wheel motor. I was very disappointed with McHenry Power's response which was to say that they only offered the manufactures warranty and because I bought over the winter and had it replaced, mowing season starting in April exceeded my manufacturers warranty. I was able to salvage my pump and bought a new wheel motor from Rogersville Co op and it has done fine. Normaly you don't have to disassemble and inspect new parts; but with McHenry Power, it might be advisable ( especially before the manufactures warranty runs out.) thanks, Todd