Lawn mower battery charger question

bt-99

Threads
I am planning on buying a battery charger for my lawn mower battery just in case mower does not start up in the spring. I have no interest in getting a battery maintainer to put on it in the winter. I just want a charger to charge battery in the spring if it is dead. Need to know what size charger and what amp to put it on when charging

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is plenty. Also don't buy any other brand other than Battery Tender. I did and threw a few away from not working. Tried to save a couple bucks. Ended up costing more in the long run. Battery Tenders have never failed me.

1713392867591.jpeg

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I am planning on buying a battery charger for my lawn mower battery just in case mower does not start up in the spring. I have no interest in getting a battery maintainer to put on it in the winter. I just want a charger to charge battery in the spring if it is dead. Need to know what size charger and what amp to put it on when charging
Charge on 2 amps. Set it and walk away and come back the next day. Do this about once a month and you not only have no battery issues for starting, but also about double the life of battery.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 50 year old Schumacer charger regulates the amps as the battery charges . If you were to leave the battery out in the elements over the winter to discharge until it wouldn't crank the engine there is a good chance a frozen battery will have 0.0 cranking amps for spring mowing .

Last edited:

saltair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with slomo...get a battery tender.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My former "battery tender" sleeps with the fishes. it boiled out my Harley battery.

Last 10 + years I only use Battery MINDers*..............With temp compensators..