Export thread

Lawn Boy Trany

A

Arnie-P

I have a Lawn Boy 10323 SilverPro Series 2000. My gear case went out. I replaced two gears...the bevel pinion gear and the 15t spur(1047668) My question is what kind of grease should I use on this? When I took it apart it looked like bearing grease.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

When I did the transmission in my Toro, I used MasterPro multi-purpose lithium grease. Nothing fancy, but the transmission's still working great after several months of heavy commercial use.

B

Billy Jack

Lawn Boy used to sell their own branded lithium grease, but I haven't seen it for 20 years. In its absence, I started using either Lucas or Sta-Lube multi-purpose wheel bearing grease in the gearbox of my 10523 Gold Pro and my 8125 with the multi-disc clutch. Both have been fine for 19 and 11 years respectively.

Bill

A

Arnie-P

When I did the transmission in my Toro, I used MasterPro multi-purpose lithium grease. Nothing fancy, but the transmission's still working great after several months of heavy commercial use.

Thanks for the reply

A

Arnie-P

Lawn Boy used to sell their own branded lithium grease, but I haven't seen it for 20 years. In its absence, I started using either Lucas or Sta-Lube multi-purpose wheel bearing grease in the gearbox of my 10523 Gold Pro and my 8125 with the multi-disc clutch. Both have been fine for 19 and 11 years respectively.

Bill

Thank You for the reply!