Export thread

Lawn Boy pics

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Heres a few pics I took today after mowing with the old boys. These old machines make mowing fun. Especially when everyone else on the street uses modern, 4 cycle "throw away" mowers. Different is good :)

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler!

Attachments

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I couldn't agree more that a two-stroke Lawn Boy makes mowing fun.

How did you get that red tint on the first photo? It has a sci-fi look to it. :laughing:

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Heres a few pics I took today after mowing with the old boys. These old machines make mowing fun. Especially when everyone else on the street uses modern, 4 cycle "throw away" mowers. Different is good :)

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler!

The editing makes it looks as though they are straight out of the 1961 Lawn Boy Brochure. Good job

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Thanks everyone for the comments. Now that I've got those mowers up and running, I'm ready for another LB project. Found a Duraforce silver series I think, with self propel for a really good price. Runs, but needs some work done. I'm sure these models aren't as highly desired as the older ones, but I'm thinking on picking it up and re-furbing to try and make a few bucks. Any thoughts, or suggestions...

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I not quite as enthusiastic about the Duraforce mowers as I am about the older ones but I'll pick one up for a reasonable price -- no question.

To get a pricing benchmark try searching eBay periodically.

mikehouse

mikehouse

I keep hearing "Duroforce".What is it? Is it a special model type? A certain series? What's different about it than say my 10330 4 stroke?

Russ2251

Russ2251

The Duraforce engine (or model E ) is the last 2 cycle engine manufactured by Toro/Lawn-Boy.
I believe 2004 was the end.

Duraforce.jpgDuraforce mower.jpg

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/russ2251-albums-lawn-boy-stuff.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4jch0puM1A&t=16s

mikehouse

mikehouse

Russ,you and Berts are my go to guys.I also noticed that those Duro's are like 6 hp and up.

Russ2251

Russ2251

All are 6.5HP. @ 2900 RPM.