Lawn Boy F engine piston

javjacob

Threads
I bought a piston which was listed as a genuine OEM Lawn Boy F engine piston. The seller claimed the first 2 sold were genuine Lawn Boy and the rest were OEM spec aftermarket. I bought the 2nd one sold so I should have a OEM piston but I don't know how to tell for sure. Pics of an original piston are hard to find to compare it to.
Seems all the pics I have seen show a dimple in the middle of the top of the piston and the one I bought doesn't have that. I will post pics if anyone can tell me.LB piston 1.jpg LB piston 5.jpg LB piston 4.jpg LB piston 3.jpg LB piston 2.jpg

jp1961

Threads
Hmmmm, yes, my Lawn-Boy Mechanic's Handbook shows the dimple, but the pics aren't great. Does the box it came in have the O.M.C. logo on it? If yes, I'd say it's O.E.M.

Jeff

javjacob

Threads
Inside the piston says USA and it also says BTM where the wrist pin goes. The top of the piston has a slight dome and the middle is flat, no dimple. Not sure if they changed the part number at some point or if there were more than one piston for the F engines?

javjacob

Threads
The box it came in doesnt have anything on it. It just has a sticker with the numbers... 924923.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am going to say this about picture number one. The area that looks like someone has put something in it to hide something tells me it is a fake. I have put lots of pistons in and that recessed area never looks like that. They where car pistons.

This is only my opinion. It is not fact.

javjacob

Threads
I am going to say this about picture number one. The area that looks like someone has put something in it to hide something tells me it is a fake. I have put lots of pistons in and that recessed area never looks like that. They where car pistons.

This is only my opinion. It is not fact.

It looks like it was cast that way. Not sure what the purpose of that recessed area is. I am thinking its aftermarket too though.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most pistons are cast that way but it also looks like something was added that is gray later. Some kind of filler to cover something up.