landscaping buisness

boston

Threads
I'm 16 and I have been landscaping for about 1 year now. I work with one other kid and we have about 20 customers all in the same area. I do not have my license yet so we use our craftsman 42" tractor to tow up a small trailer to all our houses. (I will post a picture of it.) The problem is we have just started getting buisness all around town and I would need a truck and a trailer to get there to bring the tractor. I have a truck but no trailer and cannot drive on my own becuase I only have my permit. Should I wait a year to buy a trailer or get one now? In a year I will be
able to do all these houses by driving. The other problem is that our tractor is old and is showing a lot of wear and tear, so I can't always rely on it. I bought it used and fixed MANY of its problems , as it was abused by its previous owner. Please give me some advice. Thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120411_101813.png
    ForumRunner_20120411_101813.png
    654.3 KB · Views: 83

redfish9

Threads
The first thing is to start slow but sure,don't take on more than you can chew Start small and close enough to home you can run the mower there. Save money so you can buy something modest.make more money when you can buy that trailor ,a few years later you will be able to get a better mower if you don't spend all the money

ranger101

Threads
Boston, I admire your desire to have your own business. Your hard work will pay off someday. Most young people in your age bracket would,nt get off their butts to mow a lawn no matter how much you paid them. Your parents should be very proud you. Keep it Up. It will pay off. I promise.

boston

Threads
Thank you very much, its hard work but I feel good at the end of every work day.