Buying Advice Kubota parts - aftermarket/gray market

VicB

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbdown: Need a good source of parts to overcome being overcharged for parts in Aussie. Quality aftermarket or gray market parts from a source that accepts PayPal and willing to ship internationally at reasonable rates.

Love my Kubota but am really tired of paying too much for parts in this country. I look with envy at the prices in the states but Kubota along with Honda have a restrictive trade policy and oppose free trade between nations that prevent 'authorised dealers' from trading with Aussies!

Doesn't seem fair that we must pay so much for the priviledge in Aussie, does it?:mad:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
:thumbdown: Need a good source of parts to overcome being overcharged for parts in Aussie. Quality aftermarket or gray market parts from a source that accepts PayPal and willing to ship internationally at reasonable rates.

Love my Kubota but am really tired of paying too much for parts in this country. I look with envy at the prices in the states but Kubota along with Honda have a restrictive trade policy and oppose free trade between nations that prevent 'authorised dealers' from trading with Aussies!

Doesn't seem fair that we must pay so much for the priviledge in Aussie, does it?:mad:

I take it that Aussie is short for Australian? New word for me. Since I have been on this forum I have been seeing price and shipping problems with different countries. Now wouldn't Kubota and Honda parts come from Japan? Must be a different trade policy with Japan and Aussie then the US. I guess I don't understand. That is why the parts cost are so much when I need any Kawasaki parts or any Japanese parts? How about after market parts? It just seems that everyone has a hand out for more money anymore and the average working man has less of it coming in.

VicB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I take it that Aussie is short for Australian? New word for me. Since I have been on this forum I have been seeing price and shipping problems with different countries. Now wouldn't Kubota and Honda parts come from Japan? Must be a different trade policy with Japan and Aussie then the US. I guess I don't understand. That is why the parts cost are so much when I need any Kawasaki parts or any Japanese parts? How about after market parts? It just seems that everyone has a hand out for more money anymore and the average working man has less of it coming in.

You have that right; Aussie is Australian slang for Australia.

It apprears that the Japanese companies support their local distributors in maintaining prices in each market without fear of competition from other markets. This means that some customers are severly dissadvantaged price wise and have little alternative other than to seek out a dealer that is willing to ignore the imposts of Japanese companies on their ability to trade freely with whom they wish or look for aftermarket or gray market parts in an effort to get around the unfair practice of overcharging for parts in their country of residence.
Kind Regards,
Vic B from 'Downunder' another one for Australia!