Export thread

Kohler XT-7 engine starting problem

A

alan korb

I am trying to get my son's engine to start. Of course he didn't use STA-BIL over the winter season! The engine will start and run for a few seconds when sprayed with starting fluid. This is what I have done so far: I dumped the old gasoline. I removed the fuel bowl and cleaned out the gummy residue. I blew out the lines from the tank to the carb. I am now able to get gas spraying into the carb when hitting the prime bulb. The air filter looks okay. Not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

S

Scripkilla

Wow, must be the day for kohler postings! Look at my post just a few in front of yours. I have a very similar problem and the local Toro dealer is saying it's a leaking gasket...

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/new-m...ine-runs-gas-through-course-wont-start-2.html

BKBrown

BKBrown

There are a few threads about cleaning out the Jets and fuel system when stored with this crummy fuel they call gas now days ! Do a search for Carb or float or jet - you'll find the threads. Good Luck !

K

KennyV

The engine will start and run for a few seconds when sprayed with starting fluid.

I am now able to get gas spraying into the carb when hitting the prime bulb. T

Since it starts & runs on ether... If you start it on ether and then using the primer bulb will it keep running?? :smile:KennyV

Briana

Briana

Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!