Kohler sv720s 23 hp air filter (HELP)

blazinrocket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have bought a replacement air filter from 3 different dealers now and none of them fit. They are all too tall and a little too thick to the point neither the wire holder or the plastic lid will close. The part number it claims it calls for is 32-083-03-S and that is what I have bought. I threw the old one away already so I can't compare.

Can someone please help me find the correct air filter.

chobbs1957

Threads
I have had the same problem! I bought a filter for my Briggs on my RER Snapper a while back, got it from my dealer 22 mi away. I got around to servicing Sunday afternoon, and it would not fit, too long, UGGH! Travel and work schedule makes it hard to return and replace , so I went to eBay and just did a search for the very item number of the factory spec filter I needed and got several hits. I chose a "Buy it now" availability, and a seller with positive feedback of 99%+. I even found one that, unlike the one from factory, had foam wrap around element, something I really liked. I ordered on Monday and had on Wednesday. Sent from my iPad using LMF

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'll bet you have the correct filter, but are not getting the filter pushed down far enough. You must push very hard to get it to fit flat.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Second what Rivets said. Kohler makes two similar filters for the courage twin. the other filter is like another inch taller than the one you have. the filter fits very tight the first time it is installed. You will think you are going to break something before the filter will just slip into place.

blazinrocket

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll bet you have the correct filter, but are not getting the filter pushed down far enough. You must push very hard to get it to fit flat.

That was exactly what it was. Wow I feel stupid lol. Thanks so much for the help.

chobbs1957

Threads
That was exactly what it was. Wow I feel stupid lol. Thanks so much for the help.

Ha! You are not stupid, proven by your willingness to ask a question and follow advice. CONGRATS

Sent from my iPad using LMF