Kohler Pro CV492 Wiring Help

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Ladies and Gents,

I have a Kohler CV492 that I plan to install on a John Deere Sabre that originally had a Briggs engine. I've recently been introduced to the "Smart Spark" setup they use and it's more complicated than the simple Briggs engines I'm used to working with. My plan was to kook up the kill wire, stator and fuel solenoid then ride off into the sunset.

It's not that simple. It seems the engine has to have 12 volts to run. I've attached a photo of the engine and the wires that come out of the harness. 2 Blue 2 White 1 Black 1 Red 1 Orange

1. Has anyone else performed this swap?
2. What wire goes to what?
3. Can the Smart Spark be eliminated by installing a traditional coil setup from another Command series?

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what the wires are for on the body but I need to know where to hook them to the engine. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• DSCF0822.jpg
    DSCF0822.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0823.jpg
    DSCF0823.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 5

BustedKnuckles

Threads
After looking at a schematic, I "think" the red just hooks to positive and black just needs a ground. Maybe I'm over simplifying this and will post results hopefully by the weekend in case someone else is performing the same swap.