Kohler PH-XT675 Not Starting

devenrocks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 22" Front Drive Toro with a Kohler PH-XT675 that I bought new from The Home Depot last summer and worked great but first time trying to cut this year it won't start. I have done everything that I have read but still no success. Put new spark plug, checked to make sure it fired, fresh gas, cleaned the carburetor, can't think of anything else? I tore the carburetor all the way down sprayed every hole and it came out on some other end fine, even used a piece of wire to clean the jet orifice. Put a little gas into the spark plug hole, nothing. Sprayed carb cleaner and starting fluid behind the air filter, nothing. I did leave the old gas in the tank over winter but drained it and put fresh in. I'm lost. It would make sense if it were like 6 years old but it's 1 year old and used like 7 times! Any and all help is appreciated!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing we need to determine is do you have spark. Remove the plug, put it back in the wire and hold it against an unpainted part of the engine, and have somebody crank the engine and look for spark.

devenrocks

Forum Newbie
Threads
First thing we need to determine is do you have spark. Remove the plug, put it back in the wire and hold it against an unpainted part of the engine, and have somebody crank the engine and look for spark.

Yes, I have spark. Before and after I put the new plug.

myronjax

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I ask something already answered. I looked through the threads history and landed here. I have a similar problem with the gentleman in this thread, and was wondering what the solution was. I have a year old Toro Recycler with the Kohler XT 675 engine. I bought this late in the Fall and did not get a chance to use it last year. It would not start the first time out this year. After some basic troubleshooting, I purchased a new ignition module. The mower started right up, and performed well. Same thing the second usage a week later. But, a few weeks later, when I got it out, it would not start. It is giving the same symptoms as before. I reset the gap on the ignition module, cleaned a plug that really didn't need it, checked the fuel lines. Signs point to the ignition module-again. Is there a way to check this part, as I really cant see the part only being good for 2 mows of a standard yard. I like this mower, but it needs to run to be of use. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.....Jim

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hello. I am new to this forum, so excuse me if I ask something already answered. I looked through the threads history and landed here. I have a similar problem with the gentleman in this thread, and was wondering what the solution was. I have a year old Toro Recycler with the Kohler XT 675 engine. I bought this late in the Fall and did not get a chance to use it last year. It would not start the first time out this year. After some basic troubleshooting, I purchased a new ignition module. The mower started right up, and performed well. Same thing the second usage a week later. But, a few weeks later, when I got it out, it would not start. It is giving the same symptoms as before. I reset the gap on the ignition module, cleaned a plug that really didn't need it, checked the fuel lines. Signs point to the ignition module-again. Is there a way to check this part, as I really cant see the part only being good for 2 mows of a standard yard. I like this mower, but it needs to run to be of use. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.....Jim

Please start a new thread.
It is unbelievably difficult with two people with slightly different problems in the same thread regardless of weather they are the same mower or not.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, I have spark. Before and after I put the new plug.

In that case pull the cowel off and check the flywheel key. chances are it has sheared and the engine is way out of time.

myronjax

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please start a new thread.
It is unbelievably difficult with two people with slightly different problems in the same thread regardless of weather they are the same mower or not.

Sorry, I can see your point. I will do that. Thanks...Jim