Kohler engine problems

rivlin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2 yr old Husqvarna push mower with a Kohler engine(from Sears). Early in the summer the engine ran with a miss and leaked gas. The problem was a loose carb and tighting the it fixed the problem. I was using the mower this week with the bag to pick up leaves and the mower ran low on gas, when I refilled tank the mower would start up and then quit and it was leaking gas again. The carb was not loose this time.Air filter clean,fresh gas in tank;any help with this problem would be great. Model #917.384510

possum

Threads
If the leak is in the same place I would think a new gasket. For whatever reason no one seems to know much about as of yet those Kohler engines on the Husqvarna mowers are prone to carb problems. I see them around town here with the carbs gone and parked out back quite a bit. I also see quite a few running but missing badly and soon the owner has a different mower. My dealer had two this spring that looked fairly new parked in his iron pile and claimed he could get no parts.

timtractor

Threads
I would try to take the bowl off the carb.

Sometimes condensation forms in the tank. When the fuel gets all burned out, the water in the bottom of the tank then goes into the carb messing up the way the float works.