Kohler engine problem

Philip

Threads
Im working on a Kohler command pro 27 and when it gets hot it sounds like one of the plugs is either misfiring or week spark could a coil cause this it loses power

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One of the ignition modules could be breaking down due to heat. You will need to check and see if you are loosing fire on one cylinder to comfirm.

Philip

Threads
I put a spark tester on each cylinder and let it run on the outher side only difference there might of been was the way the spark acted on each side but my outher concern was when im testing it that way the engine is not as hot as if it was working and mabye the coil wont fail

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When the engine gets hot, then insert your spark testers and restart the engine and observe the spark.

chance123

Threads
Im working on a Kohler command pro 27 and when it gets hot it sounds like one of the plugs is either misfiring or week spark could a coil cause this it loses power

My gut says it is not a spark issue. When it starts to act the way you described, loosen the fuel cap while it is running, and see if it runs better. The fuel cap vent "might" be blocked or partially blocked. This would cause a lean mixture, causing it to run hot "and" run erratically. A dirty fuel filter or fuel tank outlet would also give the same symptoms.

Philip

Threads
one thing he told me is that when it starts to act stupid he smells fuel the carb was gone over and he tells me he cleaned both tanks