Kohler dumping fuel

spp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need a little advise please. 2009 troy built Bronco 42inch deck rider with 20HP Kohler . Mower is dumping fuel thru the carb, it will stream out of the air cleaner when starting, mower does run but will 'pop' during operation. Fuel drips even when parked. I hate to just throw parts at it ---- where should I look first. Thanks in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You start by removing, cleaning, installing a kit in the carb. then smell the oil, and see if it smells like. gas. if so then it needs changed, along with the oil filter, before even running the engine.

spp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the 'kit' includes a complete new carb! and two gaskets- Guess I'll order one up.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is a kit available for repair which includes gaskets, and sometimes the needle valve, and a new float depending on model. If we had the model and spec off of the engine we could give you the repair kit part number without out having to replace the entire carb.

spp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all. After a teardown the needle valve and float were suspect (and replaced) I also found that the bowl mounted solenoid was not functioning (and it did not appear in any of the diagrams. With the help of the OPE group the proper parts were found, ordered and received in two days. Put it all back together today and 'problem solved'.