Kohler CV15 S ?

northstar400

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found this web page, looks good
Need a little help if anyone can, I will try to make a long story short. I have a 15 yr old kohler in a craftsman mower, it started to smoke pretty bad so I thought I would put a new set of rings in it. When I pulled the head off a tiny spring (1/4 in. long X 1/8 in wide) fell out.
I cannot figure it out the shop manual does not mention it, the parts diagram does not show it. I am starting to wonder if it even belongs anywhere?
Any ideas? and thanks in advance

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can't think of where that spring belongs between the air cleaner and the top of the piston, so probably fell in through the intake at some point. Just being sarcastic my first though was you found part of the piston return spring,

northstar400

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the reply, can't think of any place. I did rebuild the carb a couple of years ago, maybe it came loose and came in through the intake ????
what is a piston return spring

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Piston return springs are one of those things people used to say to screw with people that didn't know better when something was wrong with their vehicle, Kind of like radiator gaskets, muffler bearings, blinker fluid. The problem though is all new vehicles with plastic caps on the radiators have o-rings that seal the caps. BMW came out with a muffler with an internal turbine which runs on bearings, and piston return springs are used in pressure washers to push the pistons back again the swatch plate. I am still waiting on blinker fluid.

northstar400

Forum Newbie
Threads
you got me:laughing:I can appreciate that. I have been an Electrician on the job many years. Thanks again guys great web site

porkchop

Threads
Piston return springs are one of those things people used to say to screw with people that didn't know better when something was wrong with their vehicle, Kind of like radiator gaskets, muffler bearings, blinker fluid. The problem though is all new vehicles with plastic caps on the radiators have o-rings that seal the caps. BMW came out with a muffler with an internal turbine which runs on bearings, and piston return springs are used in pressure washers to push the pistons back again the swatch plate. I am still waiting on blinker fluid.

HAHA Blinker Fluid!!! That's a new one to me. I love it!:laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now if I would have posted that, someone would be swearing at me. I would bet that the spring was the one on the idle adjusting screw that fell in during rebuild.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
HAHA Blinker Fluid!!! That's a new one to me. I love it!:laughing:

I pulled that on my uncle a few years ago when he was visiting, and was out helping do pickup/deliveries. there was a guy in front of use that made a left without using a turn signal, and my uncle made a comment about it , and I said he was out of blinker fluid. I thought he was going to have a coronary right there laughing. the funny thing is you can actually buy blinker fluid. It is a DOT 3 brake fluid with a sticky label over the bottle that says blinker fluid.