Koehler 25 hp blew oil everywhere

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So you didn't do as I requested?

I requested that you remove the valve cover and start the engine, and your problem would be apparent.
And yes, it is a very common problem, buy the full kit and do both heads/gaskets......

Threads
So you didn't do as I requested?

I requested that you remove the valve cover and start the engine, and your problem would be apparent.
And yes, it is a very common problem, buy the full kit and do both heads/gaskets......

Thank you. That is my plan. All the kits
im finding don't include new bolts antmore. Do i need to replace the books?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Back in the day, when Kohler knew that they had a big head gasket problem, so they put out whole kit, but when the kohler customers brought their engines in, the "techs" just slapped in a new head gasket that they plucked out of the update kits, so many dealerships kept a whole wall of Kohler bolts/kits.... etc....

And many of them just replaced the blown side, and the customers brought back the engine the next year to replace
the other side, and sometimes both..... And many came back some more times, which knocked Kohler out of favor
totally among the mfgrs. and Kawasaki took a big foothold. Hell Generac was doing pretty good too until they hopped in bed with Dixie Chopper....

Threads
Back in the day, when Kohler knew that they had a big head gasket problem, so they put out whole kit, but when the kohler customers brought their engines in, the "techs" just slapped in a new head gasket that they plucked out of the update kits, so many dealerships kept a whole wall of Kohler bolts/kits.... etc....

And many of them just replaced the blown side, and the customers brought back the engine the next year to replace
the other side, and sometimes both..... And many came back some more times, which knocked Kohler out of favor
totally among the mfgrs. and Kawasaki took a big foothold. Hell Generac was doing pretty good too until they hopped in bed with Dixie Chopper....

Got my gaskets today. Gonna swing by my buddies to borrow his torque wrench's and give this a shot.

gregjo1948

Threads
Are you sure it's motor oil that sprayed? If the mower is hydrostaticly driven, there is high pressure oil there. If the hydraulic oil got on a hot surface, it would smoke and maybe ignite. gregjo1948

Threads
Are you sure it's motor oil that sprayed? If the mower is hydrostaticly driven, there is high pressure oil there. If the hydraulic oil got on a hot surface, it would smoke and maybe ignite. gregjo1948

Thanks. Turns out its blower cover gasket. Have it on order and hopefully back up and running by Tuesday :)

Threads
Here is the part I ordered. The title is not correct but this the part that is a blower cover gasket.
Valve Cover 24 033 03-S Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Sorry, it is a BREATHER cover gasket.:wink: Not sure why the link shows valve cover. Definitely not that as you can see in the picture. Upon further research I found other discussions about this going bad on other peoples mowers with the exact same symptoms as mine.