Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start

bcayce21

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start
Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start. i have replaced the starter.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
  • / Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start
Kawasaki FR730V engine will try to start and when you turn the key off it hums or whines like it is still trying to start. i have replaced the starter.
My experience has shown me that it is not uncommon for people to first replace the starter when there is any starting issues on a riding mower or zero turn. Now that you have replaced the starter, and that didn’t fix the issue, I would now recommend checking the battery. Is it fully charged and passes a load test? Are the battery terminals clean and tight? Have you checked your valve clearance? Check specs for details. Do you have a voltage drop? Is the new starter you installed actually the correct starter? If you cannot check these things, please take it to a shop to save yourself time, money, and frustration.

bcayce21

Forum Newbie
Threads
My experience has shown me that it is not uncommon for people to first replace the starter when there is any starting issues on a riding mower or zero turn. Now that you have replaced the starter, and that didn’t fix the issue, I would now recommend checking the battery. Is it fully charged and passes a load test? Are the battery terminals clean and tight? Have you checked your valve clearance? Check specs for details. Do you have a voltage drop? Is the new starter you installed actually the correct starter? If you cannot check these things, please take it to a shop to save yourself time, money, and frustration.
The battery is good and has been tested. The starter is the correct one. I have had to replace it twice since owning the mower. Could it be the solenoid?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it actually turning the engine over? Have you replace the solenoid at any time? The engine will not turn over on it's own. It has to have an outside source. That source will have to come from the mower it's self. Yes it could be the solenoid.

bcayce21

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it actually turning the engine over? Have you replace the solenoid at any time? The engine will not turn over on it's own. It has to have an outside source. That source will have to come from the mower it's self. Yes it could be the solenoid.
I have not replaced the solenoid yet

bcayce21

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes it is turning the engine over, but not starting. the bigger concern i had was the whinning after i turn the key off.

bcayce21

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes it is turning the engine over, but not starting. the bigger concern i had was the whinning after i turn the key off.
well a new solenoid and the mower started right up. when i throttled up the mower, the mounts where the starter is bolted on broke completely off.