Export thread

Kawasaki FR engine oil drain hose

Anyone have a part # for this drain hose set-up ? My Kawasaki has the little plastic/poly drain tap. (Which I hate).

I know Bob-Cat & some Scags use this hose drain on their Kawasaki's.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

What series of FR engine is it?
Looked at Kawasakiengines.com and it looks like they might not offer a new drain hose. You might could get the dimensions and find one at a local parts store?

Mine is an FR651V with this oil drain (see image), which a friend with a BobCat has same engine with drain hose. I doubt the auto parts would have a hose with this type threads & it takes a O-ring as well.

Attachments

R

Rivets

If the engine is the same, the drain hose was probably installed by BobCat. Get your buddies BobCat model number or check with a BobCat dealer.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

WHAT @Rivets said ^^ I don't know why i didn't think of that....... :ashamed:

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I contacted Kawasaki engines, and they DO NOT carry that part. I guess it's a bobcat thing

Thanks Guys- I checked with my Toro Dealer, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. :confused2:

I gotta contact my Bud, & even call local BobCat Dealer.

R

Rivets

Do a google search of “small engine oil drain hose” and you will find many solutions to your problem.

I

ILENGINE

I have taken the thread dimension of the fitting on the engine and had my local hydraulic hose place just make me a hose to fit it. Most of the Napa stores in my area make hydraulic hoses. 3/8-16 is the common thread size for american engines, but the Kaw's and the Honda could be metric.

Rivets- Thanks, been googling like crazy, but can't be sure it will fit my Kawi threads.

ILENGINE- That is a good idea, I should call Napa. I'm NOT gonna be lifting the engine just to screw out this poly/plastic shut off. So I gotta be sure I have something that is ready to go back in properly.

Local Scag Dealer I called today also handles Exmark & the machine he checked has the precise hose I want (same engine etc), but he wants $50. out the door.:thumbdown: And he was so was careful to not give me that part number.

I know I can get bit way cheaper, I'm calling Exmark online tomorrow. I think I found the part for $19.95, but need to be sure.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

All Kawasaki's are metric.
Is this what the dealer looked like??

index.jpg

Yep that's the look, :laughing: :thumbsup: You know my Mower Dealer ?

Thank You,
I certainly appreciate it. Digging some more, I believe thread & size to be M20 x 2.50, If that is correct ?

http://www.sepw.com/accessories/oil-drain-hoses/kawasaki-fj180v-series/

BlazNT- Thank You, :thumbsup: that's exactly where I found it also. I have same link in my previous post.

$23.99 & Free shipping. That'll work.