Kawasaki FH641V engine with Nike carb

Toastedc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I have a husqvarna pf21awd ride on mower with the Kawasaki FH641V engine.

The problem I have is that it will run for about an hour it then starts to hunt. I shut the mower down and check all the levels (oil etc). When this happens I find petrol in the oil sump and a mixture of oil and petrol in the air filter housing.

I have stripped the carb twice, using ultrasonic cleaner and replaced float needle and o rings and gaskets twice. It is still a problem anyone have any ideas what might be wrong? The machine has only done 250 hours so has not been used much.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hate to tell you this, but that carb is probably going to need to be replaced. I've had to of those engines in the past month and did the same things as you. Problem was solved when I replaced the carb. Don't understand why I couldn't save it, but that's what I had to do to get the customer going.

Toastedc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hate to tell you this, but that carb is probably going to need to be replaced. I've had to of those engines in the past month and did the same things as you. Problem was solved when I replaced the carb. Don't understand why I couldn't save it, but that's what I had to do to get the customer going.

Hi sorry to ask another question did you replace the carb with the one with a square float bowl or round one as I believe both will fit. Thanks