Kawasaki FB460V

mtdtinkerer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark with a Kawasaki FB460V pull start on it. I just bought it and purchased it cheap. It will not start or run at all. There is good spark to the motor. I have cleaned the carburetor and gotten rid of all the old gas. I put a couple of tablespoons of gas in the sparkplug hole and it still will not fire. I've taken the air off of the carburetor so it's getting plenty of air. It seems to be getting good compression. Haven't gauged it yet. I took the Spark plug out after pulling on it several times and the plug is dry. This is my last resort before I take it to the service center. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. I've heard that the flywheel key shearing could do it but it doesn't look like Kawasaki has a flywheel key?

gregjo1948

Threads
If you choke it,crank it several times and you still have a dry plug, you probably have a fuel problem. Check to see if the pump is working. gregjo1948

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spark, fuel, compression, and last on the list timing. If you have all these it will run. You are checking spark with the plug in the head and under compression, right? Just a light spray of starting fluid pass the carb. well turning over the engine. You are using a compression gauge so what is the compression? Timing is last on the list but not very likely.