Blades jx75 w/ Briggs & Stratton motor mulching blade compatibility problem.

helpmebloody

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / jx75 w/ Briggs & Stratton motor mulching blade compatibility problem.
JX75 Mulching Blade Compatibility Problem

Hey all. New to the forum. I purchased my first house and first mower last year and am running into a compatibility issue with a mulching blade. Hoping someone can help.

I bought an early '99 JX75 walk behind with a Briggs & Stratton motor on craigslist, and it's been great. This year I've decided that I want to put on a mulching blade to avoid bagging and raking. I purchased what was said to be a compatible blade on greenpartstore.com matching both my model number and serial range, which was <200,000, mine being in the 42,000 range. FWIW the model # of the mulching blade is M125413. When I received it I found that the center hole is significantly larger than the one on my original blade, and than the bolt itself.

After some internet research, it seems that John Deere switched over to a Kawasaki motor at some point and didn't change the model #. Any information that comes up for my mower relates the Kawasaki, and no info at all seems to be available for models with the B&S.

I'm hoping that someone can offer some insight as to what my options are, or where I can find a proper fitting mulching blade. Thank you!

Last edited:

Mudface777

Threads
Could you give me your model number so I can help research for you?

helpmebloody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: jx75 mulching blade compatibility problem.

Not sure what info you're looking for. I've mentioned that it's model JX75. The product identification number is GXJX75X042508.

Mudface777

Threads
I cant find anything with a briggs on it. Sorry