Export thread

Just finished the last cutting of the season.

O

Oddball

I've run everything dry of fuel except my blower and the rider, which I use during the winter to vacuum the leaves off the lawn and from the gutter along our property. From now until late next March it'll just be leaf duty. I say "just", but that's actually way more of a chore than mowing, edging, etc. during the summer. We're on the downhill end of our street, in a cul-de-sac, and every leaf from the 30+ Oak trees on our street ends up in our yard or along the curb in front of the house, so I need to do leaf duty once a week from now until next March, though I rarely do it that often. My early New Year's resolution is to keep up the yard on a more regular basis this winter. I might have to work in the yard more often, but it'll take less time each time if I keep up with it every week or two. I'd considered putting up silt fence around our yard this fall/winter to keep at least some of the leaves out, but my wife nipped that idea right in the bud.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

I've run everything dry of fuel except my blower and the rider, which I use during the winter to vacuum the leaves off the lawn and from the gutter along our property. From now until late next March it'll just be leaf duty. I say "just", but that's actually way more of a chore than mowing, edging, etc. during the summer. We're on the downhill end of our street, in a cul-de-sac, and every leaf from the 30+ Oak trees on our street ends up in our yard or along the curb in front of the house, so I need to do leaf duty once a week from now until next March, though I rarely do it that often. My early New Year's resolution is to keep up the yard on a more regular basis this winter. I might have to work in the yard more often, but it'll take less time each time if I keep up with it every week or two. I'd considered putting up silt fence around our yard this fall/winter to keep at least some of the leaves out, but my wife nipped that idea right in the bud.
Give her the rake then :rolleyes:

B

benski

There are some wonderful (if pricey!$$$:eek:) commercial grade leaf and grass collection systems out there, maybe you can talk the SO into getting a good used one..good luck, it didn't work for me..:frown:

O

Oddball

There are some wonderful (if pricey!$$$:eek:) commercial grade leaf and grass collection systems out there, maybe you can talk the SO into getting a good used one..good luck, it didn't work for me..:frown:

My JD rider does a really good job of picking up the leaves from the yard; and for the street I leave it at 3 inches for the first pass (and second if needed), or if they're built up thick along the curb I'll raise it to max height and then I set it to 1 1/2" on the final pass and can get almost all the remaining leaves in one more pass. I can usually get 98% of the leaves out of the street along our curb in three passes unless I let it go for a month. Beats the heck out of raking, especially when the wind kicks up. During the winter its windy a lot and sometimes an hour after I've done leaf duty it looks like I haven't picked them up in several weeks. I don't know if this will be our last home, but if its not I learned a valuable lesson, I won't buy a house again that is at the bottom of a hill in a cul-de-sac on the south end of a street lined with hardwoods.

F

fastback

There is another option. You could move North and won't have to pick anythig up because the snow will be covering it.

O

Oddball

There is another option. You could move North and won't have to pick anythig up because the snow will be covering it.

That's not an option that's insanity. I can't in my wildest imagination think of anything that would make me move farther north than Atlanta. It gets too cold here for me in the winter and I hate snow, its nothing but a nuisance. I'd be in heaven in a climate that never dropped below 60 or went above 90 degrees.