Export thread

John Deere Project

J

jrfsr

Have restored an old JD riding mower. It lived in Florida on a horse ranch since the 1980's. Blades worn down to about 9 inches from working in the sand mowing a pasture. The deck had holes worn in it. I was surprised when it came to checking the engine, a 12hp Kubota. A new spark plug (it had an incorrect plug) filters and it ran with no smoke and remarkable power. I bought a mig welder and began learning how to weld while patching the deck. After a paint job it looks, runs, and cuts grass quite well.
Only problem remaining is getting the governor to work properly. Any ideas would be welcomed.

M

Mark1

don't worry about getting your governor to work properly.our gov.here in New York hasen't worked properly and all we hear about is corruption. Your State is not alone!

K

KennyV

Have restored an old JD riding mower... 12hp Kubota.

Is it a Kubota or a Kohler engine?
I have seen lots of Kohler engines on JD's can't recall any Kubotas on them... :smile:KennyV
PS ... WELCOME to a very fun and friendly forum:thumbsup:...

N

noma

Hi Jrfsr

Also welcome aboard, it's a fun learning and social gathering here. Hope to hear a lot more from you :thumbsup:

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Have restored an old JD riding mower. It lived in Florida on a horse ranch since the 1980's. Blades worn down to about 9 inches from working in the sand mowing a pasture. The deck had holes worn in it. I was surprised when it came to checking the engine, a 12hp Kubota. A new spark plug (it had an incorrect plug) filters and it ran with no smoke and remarkable power. I bought a mig welder and began learning how to weld while patching the deck. After a paint job it looks, runs, and cuts grass quite well.
Only problem remaining is getting the governor to work properly. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Please post a photo of your mower.

What part of Georgia are you from?