Export thread

John Deere LA140 with Briggs&Stratton Engine-23 HP

H

Hawk1

Mower is running rough and sometimes dies out. 2006 Mower with 200 hours on the engine.

Appears to be a fuel issue.
Cycled through fuel, changed spark plugs, changed air filter, loosened gas gap and have changed fuel filter twice.

Do I need to take this tractor in or is there something else that can be done.

Thanks,

Hawk1

L

Landrycj

Does the carburator have adjustible jets, they may need adjusting. You may want to check the valve clearance.

H

Hawk1

Does the carburator have adjustible jets, they may need adjusting. You may want to check the valve clearance.

Thank you, will follow up.

L

Landrycj

POSSIBLE CAUSES:

Engine Runs Rough Or Stalls

Engine hand throttled lever not pushed forward.

Plugged fuel filter.

Plugged air intake system.

Fuel cap vent dirty.

Faulty seat switch.

Stale or improper fuel / fuel level / water in fuel.

Dirty or faulty fuel injectors.

Low coolant temperature. See your John Deere Dealer.

Fuel pump not functioning properly. See your John Deere Dealer.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Do you have the twin briggs or the Kohler engine on it. a Briggs is most likely to have the Nikki Carb.

What you got on the model number for the engine itself ??

B

bertsmobile1

And rough ?
That is what I see when I look in the mirror every morning before I take my beauty pill.

Rough is what the water is like every time I take a boat out.

Rough is where my ball lands every time I try to ruin a good walk by playing golf.

But rough is not a description of an engine running that is of the slightest use to people who can neither see nor hear it running.

Does it miss ? blow dark smoke ? blow light smoke ? cycle up & down, not reach full revs ?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Ok I see the make and HP now on top of the title LOL

Your fuel lines could be flapping on the inside of them or one of them. That is a common thing with the ethanol gas now a days. A few bucks to change them might do you some good.

CJ Landry you from Henderson area or Abbeville ??

L

Landrycj

Lafayette

F

Fragger

you got a point there Boudreaux, i am now running nothing but premium gas in my small engines ; the ethanol plays heck on my stuff:thumbdown:.. take a qt mason jar and put the gas in i, let it sit for about 15/30 minutes and watch it interface out; that stuff tearing up alot of small engines :thumbdown:
Try a little seafoam helps keep your carb cleanUOTE=Boudreaux In Eunice La.;277446]Ok I see the make and HP now on top of the title LOL

Your fuel lines could be flapping on the inside of them or one of them. That is a common thing with the ethanol gas now a days. A few bucks to change them might do you some good.

CJ Landry you from Henderson area or Abbeville ??[/QUOTE]