Repairs John Deere LA100 special edition. Tractor won't pull itself.

Cobbleup

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere LA100 special edition. Tractor won't pull itself.
Hi folks. New to forum. I was mowing fine and let another operator ride to the dumpster 200 yds down the ally to dump clippings. He used the "cruise control" feature. When he returned he stopped the machine for a few moments. When he restarted the machine to put it away it would It would slightly try to pull itself but could not move itself. I've made sure the brake is off, the little rod at the back is pushed in. The belt does feel very loose. The cruise control dogs are separated by about 1/16" and thus will not mesh and cannot be made to mesh. I talked to a JD rep, he felt the cruise control thing would not cause my problem, and he said to see if possibly the axel/wheel key has sheared. I'm on my way over to check that out. Have any of you folks got any ideas? Thanks

pile81

Threads
  • / John Deere LA100 special edition. Tractor won't pull itself.
So the drive belt is completely under the machine above the mower deck like inside the chassis, its not the one on the mower deck just to be sure.....now there are 2 idlers that are connected to the tensioner, a flat on and a v idler, if one is locked up it will not move or barely move...