John Deere GT245 Lawn and Garden Tractor - Front Axle Bushings and Pads Replacement

SteelersFan

Threads
  • / John Deere GT245 Lawn and Garden Tractor - Front Axle Bushings and Pads Replacement
Hi - I appreciate any and all advice in advance.

I am preparing to replace the front axle bushings along with the "pads" on my GT245 Mower and am having trouble locating repair information. Is TM1756 the "mechanics" repair manual for this mower and if so where would be the best place to obtain one?
Currently, I'm trying to figure out:
  • The size of the lock nut.
  • Is there any specific information that I need to know when removing and reinstalling the axle.
PS: Would have included pictures, but haven't quite figured out how to add them.

Thank you to all those that respond... your help is much appreciated!
SteelersFan

Attachments

• LockNut - GT245 Front Axle.jpg
    LockNut - GT245 Front Axle.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / John Deere GT245 Lawn and Garden Tractor - Front Axle Bushings and Pads Replacement
1688840020087.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You buy them direct from John Deere
They cost around 1 to 2 hours of techs charge out rate so will pay for itself the very first time you use it
And yes they are a step by step full repair manual aimed the owner, not a mechanic so everything is explained very clearly including what various bits do & how they do it, how to test each part and what the test results mean
Every JD owner should have them.
I was floundering when I first bough the service run, engines were fine but all the other bits were a mystery to me , then I had to buy a JD tech manual for a customers diesel mower .
That was a revelation and put an end to 2 years of struggling to repair mowers so I bought he LX & 100 series ones and became an expert overnight.
Even the engine sections were more detailed & better explained than the engine makers technical manual and in particular the B & S engines as they cover only a couple of variants so there is no confusion as there is wit the genuine B & S manual that tries to cover everything

SteelersFan

Threads
You buy them direct from John Deere
They cost around 1 to 2 hours of techs charge out rate so will pay for itself the very first time you use it
And yes they are a step by step full repair manual aimed the owner, not a mechanic so everything is explained very clearly including what various bits do & how they do it, how to test each part and what the test results mean
Every JD owner should have them.
I was floundering when I first bough the service run, engines were fine but all the other bits were a mystery to me , then I had to buy a JD tech manual for a customers diesel mower .
That was a revelation and put an end to 2 years of struggling to repair mowers so I bought he LX & 100 series ones and became an expert overnight.
Even the engine sections were more detailed & better explained than the engine makers technical manual and in particular the B & S engines as they cover only a couple of variants so there is no confusion as there is wit the genuine B & S manual that tries to cover everything
Thank you… much appreciated!