John Deere D105 Cutting Blades Won't Engage

steptoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
JD D105. Just finished R & R the RT400 transmission to install a new secondary pulley. Mower wouldn't hardly move because the pully was frozen up. Wouldn't grab the belt to enable the axles to turn. Now, the mower runs and drives like it should but I can't get the cutting blades to engage. Every time I try to engage the cutting blades the motor immeditely dies. I checked the 4 way electrical switch on the transmission which allows starting and prevents blades from turning while in reverse. Don't see a problem. Any ideas what is causing this situation? I don't know of any other safety switches relating to this problem.
i

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD D105. Just finished R & R the RT400 transmission to install a new secondary pulley. Mower wouldn't hardly move because the pully was frozen up. Wouldn't grab the belt to enable the axles to turn. Now, the mower runs and drives like it should but I can't get the cutting blades to engage. Every time I try to engage the cutting blades the motor immeditely dies. I checked the 4 way electrical switch on the transmission which allows starting and prevents blades from turning while in reverse. Don't see a problem. Any ideas what is causing this situation? I don't know of any other safety switches relating to this problem.
i

Do you have a reverse button on the dash gone bad? Or maybe something built into the key switch?
Does the engine bog down and die? Or is it like someone turned off the key?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks to be seat switch connector problem or a reverse switch on transaxle stuck in reverse mode.
1686745397361.png

Last edited:

steptoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have a reverse button on the dash gone bad? Or maybe something built into the key switch?
Does the engine bog down and die? Or is it like someone turned off the key?
Got it fixed. It was the seat switch. Previous owner had disconnected it. How did he cut grass? The mower had not been very well taken care of. I guess he sold it because he couldn't fix it. It runs great now and the transmission also works fine now.