Export thread

John Deere 3425C Ignition Fuse

roway09

roway09

Ignition Fuse keeps blowing; happened after cranking and no start. Replaced battery and starter, still same.

B

bertsmobile1

You might be a bit above our pay grade with this one being that a 3425C is a full size farm tractor not a mower

roway09

roway09

You might be a bit above our pay grade with this one being that a 3425C is a full size farm tractor not a mower

roway09

roway09

no it's a golf course fairway mower?!?!

sgkent

sgkent

like this? If so I'd get the JD manual for it to start with. Any short to ground can pop a fuse. You'll need the wiring diagram to isolate circuits until you find the one causing the issue. In the meantime inspect all the wiring to see if anything looks chaffed.

John-Deere-copy.jpg

roway09

roway09

like this? If so I'd get the JD manual for it to start with. Any short to ground can pop a fuse. You'll need the wiring diagram to isolate circuits until you find the one causing the issue. In the meantime inspect all the wiring to see if anything looks chaffed.

John-Deere-copy.jpg
Yes that is the mower!! I have already grabbed manual, pinned out relays, isolated circuits, to no avail. It runs through that main control module so checking continuity across systems/wires gets a little tricky even with electrical diagram to look for broken/shorted wires. Didn't know if there's a typical culprit is all. Thanks!

B

bertsmobile1

no it's a golf course fairway mower?!?!
Sorry when I searched for it I came across the 77Hp row crop tractor
Rear steering fairway mowers are in fact farm tractors with the operators station shifted to the other end ( ir running backwards )
I have a pair of Kubota F2400's in the service run.
They are identical to another Kubota farm tractor a customer uses just backwards right up to the hydros & front & rear drives.
Sorry I can not be of any further help other to suggest you get a plug in circuit breaker so you can find the fault without replacing 200 fuses .
IT has to be a direct short if the fuse blows instantly
As JD provide a full wiring diagram in their Tech Manuals I would be making up some bypass leads with Packard terminals each end so I can bypass each wire run at the plugs that is energised when the engine is running , one at a time till the fuse / breaker does not pop .
This is the method I use for working on unknown electrical systems unless you are lucky, takes forever but a lot cheaper than swapping out parts or buying looms & sub looms
The other shade tree mechanic trick that works some times is to run some wires off the fuse holder then lay under the mower in a dark place on a dark night then touch the wires together behind your back while looking for a flash from the mower , works some times .