Export thread

John Deer LA105 BRAKES

J

Jim104

My Mower is 3 years with about 150 hours. My foot brake will not stop the mower.
I adjusted the rod with the spring with no change in results.
Is there another adjustment or do I take to the Dealer?

W

webuyanymower.com

I would take it to the dealer it not worth messing with the brakes if your not sure.

J

Jim104

I would take it to the dealer it not worth messing with the brakes if your not sure.

Thanks, I did take to the Dealer. However, while there I picked up a Service Note on the transaxle and now have all the data I need to do it again if needed. I am an FAA licensed Aircraft and Powerplant Mechanic. I figure I can tear into a lawn mower now that I have the tech data.

reddragon

reddragon

depends on the brake set up....some are in the tranny ...others are adjustable from outside...can you take pictures or give us the model/serial numbers?

SONOFADOCKER

SONOFADOCKER

I'm not familiar with your model . My craftsman require the rear axle to come to replace the brakes and the axle to be completely open - not worth the time . Clutch pulleys slows the machine enough to be safe. My simplicity's have curved straps that go around the rear axles which are the best . Google your rear axle or look at parts tree site- great photo of machines & parts .

J

JDsucks

My Mower is 3 years with about 150 hours. My foot brake will not stop the mower.
I adjusted the rod with the spring with no change in results.
Is there another adjustment or do I take to the Dealer?

I am having the same issue can you tell me how to fix it?