Export thread

JD130 22 hp vs troy bilt briggs 17.5

D

Durch

Greetings mower people.

I'm new here and just wanted to put this out there...

I have a troy bilt 17.5 hp (Briggs) pony that I got with the purchased of my house.. I believe it is a 2007. I bought this place in 2011. so... I just purchased the John Deere D130 22 hp v twin.. And the Troy Bilt seems (or sounds) to have much more power. ? Also. I just got my troy bilt back moving.. Needed some welds on the deck and some other things that I got working. The only problem is I adjusted the deck as high as it will go for cutting which is too low. I mow a lawn plus some weeded acreage. Point being. I now have 23 days to return the JD if I wish.. Probably will not because so far I love it.. Ok.. I'm done rambling. Thank you.

Boobala

Boobala

Greetings mower people.

I'm new here and just wanted to put this out there...

I have a troy bilt 17.5 hp (Briggs) pony that I got with the purchased of my house.. I believe it is a 2007. I bought this place in 2011. so... I just purchased the John Deere D130 22 hp v twin.. And the Troy Bilt seems (or sounds) to have much more power. ? Also. I just got my troy bilt back moving.. Needed some welds on the deck and some other things that I got working. The only problem is I adjusted the deck as high as it will go for cutting which is too low. I mow a lawn plus some weeded acreage. Point being. I now have 23 days to return the JD if I wish.. Probably will not because so far I love it.. Ok.. I'm done rambling. Thank you.

Does the phrase "I have a backup " come to mind, ?? 2 are better than 1 , AND if ya have someone in the house with ya, you can both cut, even "race" each other !! ( LOL ) Welcome to the site, ENJOY !! ..:welcome:

D

Durch

Nice reply. Thanks.:smile:

D

Durch

My question was.. Why would or the Briggs 17.5 hp seem to have, or it does have, more power over the JD 22 hp V Twin. Forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge. Thanks.

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

If you let us decide, the answer is going to be to keep both :cool:

D

Durch

Okay.. Once more. Why would the 17 hp briggs & stratton have more power than the JD 22 hp V twin?

Ronno6

Ronno6

Your post indicates that the differing power is your perception ("seems")
On what are you basing this?
The 17.5 is a 1 cyl, while the 22 is 2?
V-twins are smoother operating, and maybe the new muffler is quieter?

If your assertion is performance based, how do the mowers differ?

Possibilities here are far and wide....