Engine JD GX345 with a FD611V Kohler Engine

lakerfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes when I start the lawnmower there is a large puff of blue smoke. Sometimes it will continue to smoke for 2 or 3 minutes. Doesn't do it all of the time, but the frequency has increased. Any ideas?

mitch1952

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sometimes when I start the lawnmower there is a large puff of blue smoke. Sometimes it will continue to smoke for 2 or 3 minutes. Doesn't do it all of the time, but the frequency has increased. Any ideas?
lakerfan--- check you valve cover gaskets for leakage, i have a 2000 345 20 horse l/c and the vavle cover gasket cracked, letting engine oil drip on to the exhaust header pipe, burns the oil off after warm up. i sent to www. keepingitgreen .com for the new updated gasket that my local dealer didn't know about, the older gasket was a round o-ring rubber gasket the updated gasket was a flat rubber gasket. installed it myself no more drips on the header, probaly the other side will go next lol hope this helps you let us know how it goes. ---mitch1952

mitch1952

Forum Newbie
Threads
lakerfan--- check you valve cover gaskets for leakage, i have a 2000 345 20 horse l/c and the vavle cover gasket cracked, letting engine oil drip on to the exhaust header pipe, burns the oil off after warm up. i sent to www. keepingitgreen .com for the new updated gasket that my local dealer didn't know about, the older gasket was a round o-ring rubber gasket the updated gasket was a flat rubber gasket. installed it myself no more drips on the header, probaly the other side will go next lol hope this helps you let us know how it goes. ---mitch1952

check your engine ID no. i think it is a FD611V kawasaki engine not a kohler?