JD 345 stops

fast tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
my 345 will start & run forever sitting but once I start forward it will go about 30ft &kill. It will start right back up & do the same thing again the third or forth time of this & it will not start again for about 5 minutes it will then start again but starts the whole procedure all over again. any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you used water on your tractor recently? pressure washed? removed blower housing & cleaned engine cooling fins? change spark plugs, air & fuel filters, oil ? post all information from engine & tractor, thanks Mark

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
345's have 3 delay modules , a seat delay , rear delay & a start delay
Any or all of these could be faulty as could be the various switches that activate - deactivate them
Now I am a bit crooks so only come here every now and then and testing these circuits is a complicated proceedure that is laid out in the JD technical manual in a way that a 10 year old can understand ( J D Policy ) So my very strong advise is to open your wallet and get one
Not cheap but about 1/2 to 1/3 of what your friendly JD dealer will charge in labour costs let alone replacement parts .
The manual tells you what each bit does, how it does it , where JD hid it and how to test it .