Export thread

JD 317 "Special"

grnspot110

grnspot110

This was my project for last winter: I started out with a John Deere 317 "rolling chassis" I bought at an auction for $40. Found an 18 HP Kohler Command from a damaged Miller welder for $200 (that's when I quit keeping track of $$$ spent). Found another 317 frame, hood, side panels, etc., new trailer hubs & tires for the front. Stretched the frame 30", modified the motor mounts to set the engine as low as possible, had a new drive-shaft made. Made a "demonstrator seat " from two after-market JD 420 seat sets. Made the bed from native white oak.

This will be used to pull my parade lineup this year & at tractor shows! ~~ grnspot

Got all this written up & discovered I can't post pictures! When I click "Manage Attachments", nothing happens! Any ideas? I'm using Google Chrome, no problems on other sites!

grnspot110

grnspot110

Picture posting works for me today, so, here goes!

Attachments

K

KennyV

Looks well thought out, and a fun project.:thumbsup: KennyV.

I

indypower

Nice finished tractor. Kinda somwhat reminds me of the "Clampett truck". Is that "John Deere gray"?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Looks well thought out, and a fun project.:thumbsup: KennyV.

Very impressive and unique looking....did you keep track of the hours you put into the project?

Attachments

grnspot110

grnspot110

Very impressive and unique looking....did you keep track of the hours you put into the project?

Thanks & no, I just worked on it through the winter. Being retired, I have more time, especially during the winter. Tractor shows & parades take up a lot of my summers! :biggrin: ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

B

bruce0777

Picture posting works for me today, so, here goes!

That is really sharp looking great job