JD 140 "Throttle" Handle Part Inquiry

MJinWY

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Can anyone help me find a new "throttle" handle (see attached) for a JD 140 lawn tractor? I have done my best to search the web for a schematic and cannot find anything.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I think this might be the replacement piece. It just looks different than the original.

Attachments

• JD 140 Throttle Handle Image.pdf
    104.1 KB · Views: 4

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would think the easiest solution would be to call a JD dealer, give them the model and serial, and have them look up the part number. I looked up the generic 140 and it has so many variations it would be impossible to know which to look for online. From what I have read, JD tends to be a bit guarded so you may not find it online. maybe this helps a little?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here is a question. Is your mower an 140 or D140? they are two different machines

wolfey01

Threads
Hello, Can anyone help me find a new "throttle" handle (see attached) for a JD 140 lawn tractor? I have done my best to search the web for a schematic and cannot find anything.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I think this might be the replacement piece. It just looks different than the original.
Go to https//partscatalog.deere.com Type in your model of tractor (140) and it tells you the part number (AM31289) or (AM34838) depending on serial number. hope this helps. P.S. I usually get the part number and then do a search on Amazon or E Bay to save a buck or two.