JD 111H with 321 Snowblower

NinaNCO

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I just bought a used JD 111H with a snowblower 321 that I have been trying to get to work. The original support that holds the pulleys has been replaced with a homemade part that seems to be sturdy enough, but as soon as I engage the snowblower, the belt immediately comes off. I am trying to tighten the belt up to see if that is the problem, but I am not sure how tight I can go with the belt or if I even have it routed properly :eek: If anyone has any (helpful) opinion on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the John Deere forum. :smile:

PJ

Threads
Hello, I just bought a used JD 111H with a snowblower 321 that I have been trying to get to work. The original support that holds the pulleys has been replaced with a homemade part that seems to be sturdy enough, but as soon as I engage the snowblower, the belt immediately comes off. I am trying to tighten the belt up to see if that is the problem, but I am not sure how tight I can go with the belt or if I even have it routed properly :eek: If anyone has any (helpful) opinion on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tension on a belt is dependend on the length of the belt. You can tension litle at a time till you have no more slippage. Be carefull not to overe do it. It should be easy to determine the routing. looing at turning direction can oly go one way. There is a formula to set tesion with a scale and a straightedge I dont think we want to go there. listen stop and feel the belt for heat. You will have success i am sure
Good luck

PJ

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Three things normally cause a belt to jump off. Worn or improper belt length. Improper belt routing. Worn or miss aligned pulleys. Check these first.