Export thread

Jacobsen reel mower

C

chrisg

Can anyone tell me what year and model this mower is.I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find any info on it.The tag on it has a serial # 252A-1733.I haven't seen any old mowers with the big wire spoke wheels.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The closest thing I found (and I looked all over the Internet) was this Jacobsen mower: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/jacobsen-forum/11472-old-jacobson-reel-mower.html. It is from the 50's or 60's, and yours looks maybe even older!
Sorry I couldn't find much!

C

chrisg

Thanks. I have been looking on the internet also.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks. I have been looking on the internet also.

Yeah, I thought I found something when I saw a post on another forum about the same mower asking what year it was, but it ended up being YOU posting on another forum, asking the same question! :laughing::laughing: I got excited for nothing! haha! :laughing:
Again, good luck!

jmurray01

jmurray01

Welcome to LMF! :cool:

No idea on the year of the mower but it sure looks interesting! Might be worth something if you found out more information about it.

Briana

Briana

Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Jacobsen forum. :smile:

C

chrisg

Thank you.I have found out that it is a 1951 power unit with a reel attachment.It had two different serial numbers one on the transmission housing and one on the reel attachment. Does anyone know the fuel mixture 16:1 or 32:1 ?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thank you.I have found out that it is a 1951 power unit with a reel attachment.It had two different serial numbers one on the transmission housing and one on the reel attachment. Does anyone know the fuel mixture 16:1 or 32:1 ?

I'm glad you figured out what year it is! :thumbsup: That is pretty old!
I don't know what the fuel mixture proportion is, though. :frown:

R

Rivets

Have you tried contacting Jacobson? Here is their website. I'll bet if you send them your pics and numbers they would be able to help you.

Jacobsen - Renowned for Turf Maintenance Solutions

C

chrisg

I have attached a brochure for the power unit

Attachments

• 1950 Jacobsen Power Unit with attacments.doc
    247.5 KB · Views: 13