Issue with my zero turn

dcidave1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have a 2020 Husqvarna z254f. About 277 hours on it. A few days ago it was running fine. Today I went to start it and it fires but just dies. Fuel flow is strong to the carb. I replaced the plugs, battery and am replacing the carb tomorrow. Maybe the vent line on the fuel tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rule out the inexpensive items first.

jimvw57

Threads
When I got my mower, it would run OK fast, but wouldn't idle down. I replaced the carb and it worked good. Sadly it is easier to replace rather than rebuild these days. Make sure you have the same number on the replacement carb so the jet sizes are correct. I took pics with my phone before I started so I could check the linkage hookup and stuff. Glad I did!

You might want to try draining the gas and trying some new stuff, I found water in the gas on my snowblower twice now. I always use premium non ethanol gas, but for some reason it had water in the tank. makes fuel lines freeze in cold temps, and they don't run good with water in the card
b bowl.

Bertrrr

Threads
You probably have a jet plugged in the carb, pull the needle valve and the seat , there is a jet under there that has very small holes , easily plug with small particles , you should be able to see through every hole when you hold up to the light.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also you can test your non-ethanol gas.

Attachments

• E-10 in gas.jpg
    E-10 in gas.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you are getting water in your fuel then either is the storage of the fuel (include mower tanks) in unsealed containers outside or the station you are buying from has a storage tank that is leaking.

And as 7394 mentions test your fuel for ethanol. Yes it will piss some supplier off as I did one here but he personally came two weeks later and apologized after he verify what I told him could accidentally happen which the supplier could accidentally deliver the wrong fuel mix.

I remember one time getting nearly two quarts of water in 5 gallons of fuel from a local station. They end having to replace all their tanks afterwards.

So I always test the fuel when I am buying non ethanol fuel for a customer just to be sure that it is what it is.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hi. I have a 2020 Husqvarna z254f. About 277 hours on it. A few days ago it was running fine. Today I went to start it and it fires but just dies. Fuel flow is strong to the carb. I replaced the plugs, battery and am replacing the carb tomorrow. Maybe the vent line on the fuel tank? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Check the anti-afterfire solenoid on carburetor. Turn the ignition key one click and listen and put your fingers on it to be sure it is clicking.