Export thread

ISO a mower like my old one....

V

VirginiaMoo

I ran my previous mower into the ground and need to buy a new one. I have been looking, but seems they don't make my old mower any longer. I thought you guys might be able to help me... perhaps someone has seen what I am looking for in a place I have not looked.

I had a Craftsman 22" side discharge with big back wheels. It did not have a bag. It was not that heavy. It was a no frills mower and I used it to go in tight spaces before I would get on the riding mower. It was a GREAT mower.... even survived me backing over it with my truck!

Has anyone seen a mower similar to what I had? If you have, I'd love to know where!!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I know this is late, but I will respond to this in case anyone else is looking for a similar mower. You might find some at this link: Shop for Lawn Mowers in the Lawn & Garden department of Craftsman.com.
They are simple mowers that are side-discharge-able, and they have large back tires.
Personally I think a mower like this is TOO simple, and doesn't look durable, but that's just me.
simple craftsman 1.jpg simple craftsman 2.jpg craftsman.jpg

midnite rider

midnite rider

I had a Craftsman 22" side discharge with big back wheels. It did not have a bag. It was not that heavy. It was a no frills mower and I used it to go in tight spaces before I would get on the riding mower. It was a GREAT mower.... even survived me backing over it with my truck!

Has anyone seen a mower similar to what I had? If you have, I'd love to know where!!!!

This one is for sale for $70 in Forest Hill Park area,Virginia. Don't know if that is close to you or not.

Here is the link for 22" Craftsman big wheel mower.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

arrow.gif Here are some more used ones I found on Craigslist (these don't have large back wheels, though):

Craftsman push mower - $120

Craftsman Mulcher Mower w/bag

used craftsman.jpg

arrow.gif Here are some more used ones I found on Craigslist (these can't side-discharge, though):

Craftsman 6.5 Hp Push Lawn Mower

CRAFTSMAN 21 INCH PUSH MOWER WITH BAGGER

used craftsman 2.jpg

V

VirginiaMoo

Thanks for your responses!! The picture of the one down near Richmond is just like the one I ran over! I don't know why I did not think of CraigsList. Great recommendation! As it turns out, I did try the Craftsman one in the first reply, but I returned it. It was very cheap and would not even mow... Grass was a little tall, but not horrible and it would not cut it. Just not enough power. I then tried one from Tractor Supply that had more "stuff" than I really needed, but it is pretty darn close to the original one I had. I don't remember the model, but it has a Honda engine.

Thanks again for the replies!!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thanks for your responses!! The picture of the one down near Richmond is just like the one I ran over! I don't know why I did not think of CraigsList. Great recommendation! As it turns out, I did try the Craftsman one in the first reply, but I returned it. It was very cheap and would not even mow... Grass was a little tall, but not horrible and it would not cut it. Just not enough power. I then tried one from Tractor Supply that had more "stuff" than I really needed, but it is pretty darn close to the original one I had. I don't remember the model, but it has a Honda engine.

Thanks again for the replies!!

I'm glad you found one! :biggrin: