IS3200Z starting issue

Cummins12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve got a Ferris IS3200z 72” deck vanguard engine with a little starting issue, it’s an intermittent issue, occasionally when you hit the key to start it the machine just clicks once, like the starter solenoid is bad, I replaced it and no change, also had a broken wire on the voltage regulator, I replaced it as well. Anyone else had an issue like this on their Ferris? It’s a 2019 mower so pretty new machine, I was wondering if it might be a Saftey switch or something like that? Thanks in advance

DK35vince

Threads
I have a Snapper Pro s200xt with 72" deck, 37 HP Vanguard EFI.
Very similar to your Ferris 3200 (without the suspension you have of course)
It does the same thing, turn the key and a click. At times I have to turn the key 2 or 3 times, then the starter will engine and starts right up.
I haven't looked into it yet, but if you find the issue let me know.
Sounds like we are having the same problem.

Maxify

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve got a Ferris IS3200z 72” deck vanguard engine with a little starting issue, it’s an intermittent issue, occasionally when you hit the key to start it the machine just clicks once, like the starter solenoid is bad, I replaced it and no change, also had a broken wire on the voltage regulator, I replaced it as well. Anyone else had an issue like this on their Ferris? It’s a 2019 mower so pretty new machine, I was wondering if it might be a Saftey switch or something like that? Thanks in advance
This might sound odd but check to see if your PTO switch is shorted. When they go bad they do so to the open position.
Meaning: the machine thinks you left the PTO engaged. Hence, no spark to starter.
There are lotsa videos on YouTube as to how to check continuity in them.
Besides, it's a cheap fix.
They're out in the elements on the control panel. So, they go bad frequently.

BenryNJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have your dealer run your SN in model search on the dealer portal. There is a recent service bulletin regarding a relay kit that provides a direct path of power to the solenoid and avoids the power loss all the safety switch create. This should cure your occasional no crank issue. If you IS3200 is still under warranty the dealer should install at no cost to you.