Repairs Is there any good news about 2006 LT1045?

duanedrc1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi: I am a new member. I just bought a used 2006 LT 1045 Club cadet 46" Cut. Does anyone have anything good to say about these mowers. I have not even used it yet and all I have seen is people have much trouble with them. I am 80 yrs old. Hope I have not bought a lemon. If you have anything good to say about it. Please reply. Duane

mrfred54

Threads
I also have a 2006 LT1045. it has been a very good mower. it now has 1026 hrs. and have not had any issues with it. just change oil and filter every 50-60 hrs. and have changed the blades twice. still has original battery even. after having this machine i would never buy another brand.

duanedrc1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you. I have cut my lawn twice now and have not incurred any problems except one. I have changed over to the mulch blades and cover. When I mow, even when dry it leaves little clumps of grass. I have never had that problem before. Mine as you know has three blades. Any suggestions? Thanks for the reply. Duane

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you. I have cut my lawn twice now and have not incurred any problems except one. I have changed over to the mulch blades and cover. When I mow, even when dry it leaves little clumps of grass. I have never had that problem before. Mine as you know has three blades. Any suggestions? Thanks for the reply. Duane

Keep the blades and loose the cover.

packardv8

Threads
Mulching mowers are wishful thinking. They promise the grass will just sort of disappear and magically fertilize the lawn. I've never seen one which didn't leave some visible residue. The individual's tolerance for how much is OK is the determinant.

jack vines.