Export thread

Is there a snow blower attachment for a ZT52HD?

jpollman

jpollman

Hi folks,

I have a 2014 Gravely ZT52HD (Model #991083). Does anyone here know if there's a snow blower attachment available for this model?

I've used this machine for four seasons to mow and do fall cleanups. It's an awesome machine! I am 53 years old and I'm now disabled with an incurable progressive condition that is making it difficult to even walk. I can still mow, but I can't walk behind a regular snow blower anymore. If I could get a snow blower attachment for my ZT52HD, it would make my life a whole lot easier!

I saw a youtube video a little while ago of a company in Rochester, NY that put one on a Gravely XT and it appeared to work very well.

Thank you in advance for any input.

BlazNT

BlazNT

No snow blower attachments for any mid-mount ZTR.

Boobala

Boobala

No snow blower attachments for any mid-mount ZTR.

Gotta step on toes here, ( again) :laughing:..:laughing: there is a snow-BLOWER attach. but its for a Grasshopper machine (might be adaptable with some work AND $$$$$) there are plows available for some machines as well, but READ the Consumer Reports 5 reasons you should NOT use a mower, ( Z or tractor-type .. for snow removal, makes good practical common-sense to me. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6He6LHZO8

https://www.ruralking.com/4-ft-zero-turn-snow-plow.html

https://www.consumerreports.org/snow-blowers/riding-mower-snow-plow-is-bad-idea/

BlazNT

BlazNT

Boo, I did say mid-mount mower, not front deck mower.:smile::smile::smile:

Boobala

Boobala

UT-OH ... There ya go AGAIN, didn't cut me any slack, you KNOW I'm not fully alert until my 7th cup of coffee, so I falter now & then ... SO WHAT !! YEP .. I screw-up, BUT I'm allowed, ... I'm Polish, OLD, ( 71 today ) and not fully awake !! where's that damn phone, I hope those friggen reindeer have diarrhea ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

jpollman

jpollman

OK thanks, guys.

I guess the one I saw wasn't a mid-mount. I saw plows available for ZTR's, but I wouldn't even think about putting a plow on a ZTR. I don't think the traction would be there, and the wear and tear on the transmissions would be too much. I was thinking that possibly a snow blower would be OK because it wouldn't put as much stress on the transmissions.

Oh well, back to saving for a 4WD ATV. :)

Thanks again!

BlazNT

BlazNT

UT-OH ... There ya go AGAIN, didn't cut me any slack, you KNOW I'm not fully alert until my 7th cup of coffee, so I falter now & then ... SO WHAT !! YEP .. I screw-up, BUT I'm allowed, ... I'm Polish, OLD, ( 71 today ) and not fully awake !! where's that damn phone, I hope those friggen reindeer have diarrhea ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Do not get the names mixed up when you call or Santa might deliver it to you instead of me.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

M

mowerman05

Several videos of blowers on z turns on u tube but not sure if they were made to fit or custom made.

Boobala

Boobala

Do not get the names mixed up when you call or Santa might deliver it to you instead of me.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I hope the hairs on your arse turn into BARBED WIRE !!! ..:laughing:..:laughing: