Is the X350 the right mower for me

cruzenmike

Threads
I don't think that you will find a mower with BOTH a 42" deck and a truly "durable" transmission unless.

If you are limited to the 42" deck because of storage requirements or clearances, then maybe get a John Deere X370. While the K57 is barely an upgrade over the K46, you at least have a serviceable filter in the transmission and can change the fluid evey 50 hours or so which I would recommend based on the terrain which you have pictured. This might in fact be overkill, but with this mower and performing the transmission service periodically, you have less of a chance of a transmission failure. All of this assumes you are just mowing. If you ever decided to pull any attachments up that grade, such as a loaded cart, dethatcher or aerator, then all bets are off and you need something with a K62-72. I do not know where the Cub Cadet XT3 falls in comparison to the John Deere but it is shaft driven hydraulic pump mated to a gearcase of some sort in the read end. Cannot find any specs on it but supposed to be between a K58 and K66 in terms of torque. I think you might be able to fit a 42" deck on the XT3 as well since the deck for these models are sold as an accessory.

It's a shame that you cannot have a 54" deck because the Cub Cadet XT2 GX54 has a K62D with steel cut gears and manual diff lock. There is a Husqvarna out there with K66 and electronic diff lock with a 48" deck. Obviously you have to look at what fits your situation best.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just about every range of commercial mowers has a 30" to 36" deck available.
Reason being to allow the mower to go through a standard side gate.
Walker do , there a 2 of them in my customer list.
Toro sell the Time Master with a 42" deck , got 4 customers with them as well.
Gravely do standers in that size as do JD so thre are lots of quality mowers with small decks
So small decks are available but people are too cheap to pay a fair price for a well made mower.

cruzenmike

Threads
Just about every range of commercial mowers has a 30" to 36" deck available.
Reason being to allow the mower to go through a standard side gate.
Walker do , there a 2 of them in my customer list.
Toro sell the Time Master with a 42" deck , got 4 customers with them as well.
Gravely do standers in that size as do JD so thre are lots of quality mowers with small decks
So small decks are available but people are too cheap to pay a fair price for a well made mower.

If I am correct, most of the commercial stand-on mowers are priced over the X350 by a few thousand dollars. The least expensive option is the Bradley at $4199. If mowing is the primary and sole task of this machine, then a stand-on would be good choice, especially with ZT-3100 transmissions. Maybe the OP can chime in and let us know if a stand-on is an option or if the mower is to have other tasks.

PAMedic

Threads
If I am correct, most of the commercial stand-on mowers are priced over the X350 by a few thousand dollars. The least expensive option is the Bradley at $4199. If mowing is the primary and sole task of this machine, then a stand-on would be good choice, especially with ZT-3100 transmissions. Maybe the OP can chime in and let us know if a stand-on is an option or if the mower is to have other tasks.
No, needs to be a rider, due to terrain plus i am not standing up for an hour to cut my lawn. Looked at Kubota today. Nice build but too tall to climb onto. Uncomfortable riding position, Mower lift too difficult and poor seat mechanism. I was disappointed.
So now I'm back to the 370 or poss. 380 if I can sell another piece of equipment.

cruzenmike

Threads
No, needs to be a rider, due to terrain plus i am not standing up for an hour to cut my lawn. Looked at Kubota today. Nice build but too tall to climb onto. Uncomfortable riding position, Mower lift too difficult and poor seat mechanism. I was disappointed.
So now I'm back to the 370 or poss. 380 if I can sell another piece of equipment.

Keep in mind that while the X380 has a K58 hydrostatic which has a slight torque advantage and comes standard with heat treated steel gears, the specific transaxle in the X380 is not "serviceable." Also, the X380 only comes with a 48"or 54" deck. If you want the K58 that is serviceable you have to go with the X390. I ABSOLUTELY HATE that John Deere did this with the X300 lineup. If I am correct, all of the K58's in the older X300 series were serviceable. The fact that you have to "upgrade" to power steering to get the serviceable transmission is a bit foolish, but I guess they find their way to make money.

PAMedic

Threads
Keep in mind that while the X380 has a K58 hydrostatic which has a slight torque advantage and comes standard with heat treated steel gears, the specific transaxle in the X380 is not "serviceable." Also, the X380 only comes with a 48"or 54" deck. If you want the K58 that is serviceable you have to go with the X390. I ABSOLUTELY HATE that John Deere did this with the X300 lineup. If I am correct, all of the K58's in the older X300 series were serviceable. The fact that you have to "upgrade" to power steering to get the serviceable transmission is a bit foolish, but I guess they find their way to make money.
Yes, I saw this after I made my comment. It's looking like the X370. It's a compromise. Four year warranty, No way i'll have 300 hrs by then. Worse thing happens, it breaks, dealer is real close, warranty repair. Does this model need to have the axle removed to change the trans?

cruzenmike

Threads