Is my math right?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I'm looking for some bar and chain oil, and realized I haven't made a Stens order in a while. But I'm confused about the price on the gallon jugs vs the qt. bottles.

Four 1 gallon bottles for $60 or 0.12 cents per oz. $15 per gallon, ain't bad. IF it's decent B&C oil.
12 qt bottles for $50. Or 0.13 cents per oz.

They don't give much discount for buying in bulk.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not surprised at all. Sometimes if you look at regular motor oil. The quart bottles are cheaper than the 5 quart jug. And I have even found cases where quart bottles were cheaper than 55 gallon drums.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You find things like this all over the place. Try paying attention to some of your local groceries prices on weekly sales. For example I have seen two 5# sacks of potatoes to cheaper than one 10# sack. Or like at Kroger some peanuts I buy regularly. A 34.5 oz brown lid container being around $5 but the slightly small black lid 32 oz containers of the same peanuts being nearly $16. Or how they hit if you are not using their card and have downloaded the coupons on certain items. They do like those customers that don't pay attention to price changes.

It all depends what they have an overstock of at our vendors (where they find a break themselves) so it does pays to shop around or change items around at times. This is all about procurement which a good purchasing agent does daily in a well run business.

Now PT next week things may be totally different. Never know as it just a game that they play with us and they are very good at it too.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not surprised at all. Sometimes if you look at regular motor oil. The quart bottles are cheaper than the 5 quart jug. And I have even found cases where quart bottles were cheaper than 55 gallon drums.

I noticed that with Stens 55g drums. And that's before the shipping cost.