Input on a Ferris Z1000?

mattn03

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've located a Ferris Z1000 61" deck mower that is at a local Ferris dealer. It is a leftover model and has never been purchased. It has the full factory warranty and has been stored in doors the whole time until the last couple months when the dealer took it from their distributor in an attempt to sell it. They said the distributor was originally asking $6000, but had priced it recently at $5000.

What is a fair price on a unit this old (I'm thinking 2005-2006 model but the dealer wasn't sure) that has 0 hours? Are there any known issues with this model?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LawnWorld...

I'd guess that it is a 2005, That was a residential model.... Never sold is not the same as Never Used, It could have seen a lot of demo or loaner use in the past 8 years... I couldn't find it to be worth $5k...
Is there a Kohler or Kawasaki engine on it?
I also would find it Hard to Trust a Dealer who could not determine the year of manufacture...:smile:KennyV

mattn03

Forum Newbie
Threads
WELCOME to LawnWorld...

I'd guess that it is a 2005, That was a residential model.... Never sold is not the same as Never Used, It could have seen a lot of demo or loaner use in the past 8 years... I couldn't find it to be worth $5k...
Is there a Kohler or Kawasaki engine on it?
I also would find it Hard to Trust a Dealer who could not determine the year of manufacture...:smile:KennyV

As mentioned, it's a zero hour unit with no use on it. It's a Kohler engine (which I wasn't excited about). It did have the larger air filter canister on it however. I was visiting right before I had to be at work so I didn't give them a chance to confirm the year since I didnt think it was relevant if it was an 05 or 06. I'll be using this for residential use only (2.5 acres) so I thought this could be a good deal for my type of use. Can you point me to any specs on this machine, such as wheel pump model, MPH, etc? Thanks!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ferris uses HydroGear on their larger mowers, I'm not sure if that is what is on the older Residential mowers...
If you feel it is really a Zero hour machine, it may do what you need & last you some time... I can't help but feel there were some problems with the hydraulics on the lighter Ferris line, just don't remember what it was...?
That Kohler engine would not have been my choice either, but you will not be working it that hard on only 2.5 acres, so you may do okay... :smile:KennyV